||• Ahron Bregman, Israel’s Wars. A History since 1947 (NY: Routledge, 2002)
• Samy Cohen, Israel’s Asymmetric Wars (NY: Palgrave Macmillan, 2010)
• Kenneth M. Pollack, Arabs at War: Military Effectiveness, 1948-1991 (Lincoln, NE: Nebraska UP 2002)
• Williamson Murray and Kevin M. Woods, The Iran-Iraq War. A Military and Strategic History (Cambridge: CUP, 2014)
• Rodric Braithwaite, Afgantsy. The Russians in Afghanistan 1979-89 (Oxford: OUP, 2011)
• Mirjam E. Sørli, Nils Petter Gleditsch, and Håvard Strand, ‘Why is there so much conflict in the Middle East?’, The Journal of Conflict Resolution, 49:1, (2005), pp.141-165.
• Antony Cordesman, ‘The Changing Nature of War in the Middle East and North Africa’, Harvard International Review, January 14, 2017.
• Andrew J. Bacevich, America’s War for the Greater Middle East. A Military History (NY: Random House, 2016)